Ballston Spa man admits to drilling into vehicle tanks, stealing gasoline
BALLSTON SPA One of three men accused of drilling holes into vehicles’ gas tanks to steal the fuel has pleaded guilty to the charges.
Morgan Sharadin, 21, of 40 Mechanic St., Ballston Spa, pleaded guilty Tuesday to committing third-degree burglary in Halfmoon and third-degree criminal mischief in Wilton.
The vandalism spree lasted through the latter half of January.
He is to be sentenced in June.
Zachary Currier, 18, of Ballston Spa, and Owen R. Gary, 18, no address given, also were charged in February.
Also recently in Saratoga County Court:
• James M. McFarland, 44, of 2 Carousel Court, Ballston Spa, was sentenced Thursday to five days in the Saratoga County jail and five years’ probation for driving while intoxicated in July in Saratoga Springs.
• Benjamin Rapisarda, 30, of 671 Mariaville Road, Schenectady, was sentenced Thursday to 30 days in the Saratoga County jail and five years’ probation, and ordered to pay $223 in restitution. He previously pleaded guilty to DWI in January in Clifton Park.
• Susan L. Fox, 32, of Gansevoort, pleaded guilty Thursday to DWI after being charged in February in Wilton. She is slated for sentencing in July.
• Carlos Holmes, 32, of Route 146, Clifton Park, pleaded guilty Tuesday to third-degree attempted criminal possession of a controlled substance, a charge state police lodged against him in December. He will be sentenced in July.
• William R. Johnson, 44, of 79 Johnson Road, Mechanicville, pleaded guilty Tuesday to felony aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and misdemeanor DWI. He was charged in January in Mechanicville.
• Kip Asmus, 30, of 3406 State St., Schenectady, pleaded guilty Tuesday to DWI in January in Clifton Park.
• Karream Crenshaw, 34, of 23 Crosby St., Clifton Park, pleaded guilty Tuesday to DWI in May 2012 in Clifton Park.
• Kannan Kristel, 40, of Gansevoort, pleaded guilty Tuesday to DWI in April 2012 in Moreau.
• Adam Concepcion Jr., 19, of 51 Brenden Court, Clifton Park, was sentenced Tuesday to one to three years in prison and ordered to pay $1,000 restitution for committing fourth-degree grand larceny in December in Clifton Park.
• Christopher Meyer, 25, of Gansevoort was sentenced Tuesday to time already served in jail for failing to report an address change as a registered sex offender in Wilton in June.
• Robert C. Jeffers, 26, of 248 S. Broadway, Saratoga Springs, pleaded guilty Monday to first-degree criminal contempt.
• Douglas E. Loya, 52, of Glens Falls, pleaded guilty Monday to committing fourth-degree grand larceny in 2009 in Malta.
• Kevin J. Sweeney Jr., 28, of 1014 Foxwood Drive, Clifton Park, pleaded guilty May 1 to committing third-degree grand larceny in December in Clifton Park and second-degree criminal possession of a forged instrument in January in Mechanicville.
• Kevlyn H. Henry, 71, of 71 Jones Road, Saratoga Springs, was sentenced May 1 to time served in jail and five years’ probation on a DWI conviction from August in Saratoga Springs.
• Blake D. Thomas, 25, of Greenwich, was indicted May 1 on two DWI charges from New Year’s Day in Northumberland.
• Dennis J. Grimes, 33, of Greenwich, was indicted May 1 on felony charges of third-degree burglary and two counts of first-degree criminal contempt; second-degree criminal contempt, second-degree aggravated harassment and third-degree assault, all misdemeanors; and harassment, a violation. Authorities allege the incidents happened between November and March in the town of Saratoga.
• Janina M. Douglas, 31, of Rhinebeck, was indicted May 1 on a second-degree assault charge from an alleged incident in May 2012 in Greenfield.
• Christopher P. Haskell, 29, of 38 E. Grove St., Ballston Spa, pleaded guilty April 30 to DWI in February in Saratoga Springs.
• Franklin Seaton, 51, of Hadley, pleaded guilty April 29 to DWI in December in Wilton.
• Jeffrey B. Masters, 55, of 7 Cemetery Road, Clifton Park, pleaded guilty April 29 to DWI in November in Clifton Park.
•George D. Odom Jr., 32, of 345 Fitzdom Road, Duanesburg, was sentenced April 29 to time already served in jail and five years’ probation for DWI in May 2012 in Malta.
• Jeffrey E. Truman Jr., 27, of Rome, was sentenced April 29 to time already served in jail and five years’ probation for DWI in October in Saratoga Springs.