Ballston Spa man gets 1 to 3 years in prison for driving drunk with child in car
Updated 6:57 a.m.
BALLSTON SPA A Ballston Spa man was sentenced Tuesday to 1 to 3 years in prison for driving drunk with a child in the vehicle.
Curtis Martz, 34, of 100 Church Ave., also is required to have an alcohol-sensing ignition interlock device on his vehicle for three years after he gets out of prison.
Martz pleaded guilty in January to felony aggravated driving while intoxicated with a child in the vehicle in May in Milton.
Also recently in Saratoga County Court:
• Kevlyn Henry, 41, of 71 Jones Road, Wilton, pleaded guilty Wednesday to DWI and was placed on interim probation to participate in Drug Treatment Court. Henry was arrested in August in Saratoga Springs and is slated for sentencing in May.
• Kara Harrington, 33, of 6D Kirby Road, Saratoga Springs, was sentenced Tuesday to time already served in jail for a DWI charge from Malta in October. She pleaded guilty in December.
• Jason A. Thompson, 25, of 1 Compton Road, Clifton Park, pleaded guilty Feb. 28 to DWI. He was arrested in June in Saratoga Springs.
• Tyler Lester, 19, of 318 Brigham Road, Greenfield, was sentenced Feb. 28 to 2 to 6 years in prison and ordered to pay $3,672.40 in restitution for two counts of third-degree burglary. In October, he broke into the Westside Stadium Cafe in Saratoga Springs, where he had been a prep cook, and stole more than $2,000, authorities said then. Lester pleaded guilty to the charges in December.
• Corey V. Hunt, 27, of 118 Prospect St., Schoharie, was sentenced Feb. 28 to 3 to 9 years in prison and ordered to pay $9,500 restitution for two counts of third-degree burglary, for incidents in June in Clifton Park and Greenfield. He pleaded guilty in November.
• Skyler W. Day, 22, of 826 Route 29, Rock City Falls, was sentenced Feb. 28 to 5 days in the Saratoga County jail and 5 years’ probation on a DWI charge. Day was arrested in June in Moreau and pleaded guilty in December.
• John Vardine, 43, of 45-C Allen Drive, Saratoga Springs, was sentenced Feb. 28 to 11⁄3 to 4 years in prison for fourth-degree grand larceny and fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property. He had the stolen property in Wilton in October and committed the theft in 2009 in Clifton Park.
• Brian Genthner, 33, of Delmar was sentenced Feb. 28 to 5 days in the Saratoga County jail and 5 years’ probation for an August DWI charge in Waterford. He pleaded guilty in December.