Fort Edward woman admits to felony charge
BALLSTON SPA A Fort Edward woman accused of having $6,000 worth of crack cocaine and prescription pills in a Moreau motel room has pleaded guilty to attempted drug possession.
Caren Monahan, 21, admitted to the felony charge Wednesday in Saratoga County Court. She was arrested in March at a motel on Route 9 when Saratoga County sheriff deputies also arrested a man in connection with the alleged trafficking of crack cocaine.
Monahan faces sentencing in September.
Also recently in Saratoga County Court:
• Christina L. Cohn, 30, of Queensbury, was indicted Wednesday on felony second- and third-degree burglary charges, as well as misdemeanor petty larceny and fourth-degree criminal mischief. She was arrested in March in Moreau.
• Joellen Thompson, 43, of South Glens Falls, was indicted Wednesday on six counts of felony criminal possession of a forged instrument and misdemeanor criminal impersonation. She is accused of committing those crimes in October in South Glens Falls.
• Earl D. McConchie, 31, of 7083 Lake Road, Galway, was indicted Wednesday on five felony criminal contempt charges and several misdemeanors stemming from alleged incidents in November and December in Galway. The misdemeanors include criminal obstruction of breathing, third-degree assault and endangering the welfare of a child.
• Michael Surprenant, 25, of 3337 Galway Road, Ballston Spa, was indicted Wednesday on felony criminal possession of stolen property and grand larceny charges, as well as misdemeanor resisting arrest. Authorities alleged he committed those crimes on three dates in May and June in Ballston Spa, Milton and Ballston.
• Sadie A. Willis, 24, no address provided, was formally arraigned Tuesday on two felony counts each of third-degree criminal sale and criminal possession of a controlled substance, as well as two misdemeanor counts of seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance. She was indicted on those charges July 17; authorities alleged she sold and possessed crack cocaine.
• Tyler Bellick, 22, of 1057 Glenwood Blvd., Schenectady, was sentenced Monday to six months in the Saratoga County jail and five years of probation for driving drunk in a limousine in December in Saratoga Springs after he tried unsuccessfully to circumvent a court-ordered interlock breathing device on his own car. Bellick pleaded guilty in May to felony DWI and misdemeanor circumventing ignition interlock. He was ordered to pay $500 restitution.
• O’Neil G. Scott, 40, of Fort Myers, Fla., was sentenced Monday to three years in prison and one year of post-release supervision for possessing drugs in February in Ballston Spa.
• Felix “Lucky” Moran, 34, no address given, was sentenced Tuesday to seven years in prison and three years of post-release supervision on two felony counts each of third-degree criminal sale and criminal possession of a controlled substance and two misdemeanor counts of seventh-degree criminal possession. He pleaded guilty in June to selling and possessing drugs in January in Saratoga Springs.
• Stephen R. Daniels IV, 31, of Albany was sentenced July 24 to six months in the Saratoga County jail, with credit for time served, and five years of probation for driving drunk in March in Saratoga Springs.
• Keith Depoty, 49, of 22 Broad St., Schuylerville, pleaded guilty July 24 to felony third-degree grand larceny, which authorities said he committed between January 2012 and January 2013 in the town of Saratoga.