Charlton man gets 6 months in jail for firing rifle during fight
BALLSTON SPA A Charlton man accused of firing a gun during a fight last year was sentenced Friday in Saratoga County Court to six months in jail.
Erich S. Ziegler, 30, of 1183 Peaceable St., also will serve five years’ probation. He pleaded guilty in June to first-degree reckless endangerment.
Authorities said Ziegler fired a rifle in his house in July 2012 at David John Brown, 24, of 523 Hattie St., Schenectady.
Brown wasn’t injured by the bullet, but he, Ziegler and two women at the house were injured during the fight. All were charged with assault.
Also this week in court:
• Eric J. Mora, 22, of Northwoodmere, was sentenced Friday to four months in the Saratoga County jail and five years’ probation for fifth-degree drug possession, a crime authorities said he committed in April 2012 in Greenfield.
• Misty D. Garcia, 42, no address given, was arraigned Friday on a third-degree grand larceny charge dating from February in Wilton.
• Karin P. Ward, 35, of 421 Miller Road, Rexford, pleaded guilty Friday to driving drunk in March in Clifton Park.
• Donald J. Travis, 48, of 3248 Route 9, Saratoga Springs, was sentenced Thursday to 90 days in the Saratoga County jail for failing to register as a sex offender. He pleaded guilty in June to failing to register between August and October 2012.
• Damen M. Davis-Breuer, 18, of 39 Ash St., Saratoga Springs, was sentenced Thursday to one to three years in prison for third-degree criminal possession of stolen property. He committed the crime in May in Wilton and pleaded guilty in June.
•u Joseph S. O’Connor, 30, of Troy, was sentenced to one year in the Saratoga County jail and ordered to pay $6,673 in restitution for fourth-degree grand larceny, which he committed several times between April 13 and 19 in Wilton, authorities said.