NFL Pregame Shows Week 4 Sound Bites: NFL Network's 'NFL Total Access Kickoff'
Here are the sound bites from NFL Network's "NFL Total Access Kickoff" pregame show. The quotes are provided by the NFL Network PR department.
San Francisco 49ers – St. Louis Rams Pregame Quotes:
- “We have decided that Sam Bradford is our guy. If they came to us and wanted to do a contract extension with us, we would do it in a minute.” – St. Louis executive vice president Kevin Demoff to Mike Silver as reported by Silver
- “I call it an identity crisis on offense for the 49ers. They were a power football team and now they want to be dynamic. I don’t know who they are." – Marshall Faulk on the San Francisco 49ers offense
- “This team is built on running the football and stopping the run, [but] they aren’t doing either. The onus is going on Colin Kaepernick [and] he is not ready to carry the full burden.” – Deion Sanders on the San Francisco 49ers offense and quarterback Colin Kaepernick
- "The only reason Jim Harbaugh is facing adversity is because the Seahawks are 3-0 and [Kansas City Chiefs quarterback] Alex Smith is 3-0." – Deion Sanders on San Francisco 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh facing pressure due to the success of the NFC West rival Seattle Seahawks and former 49er quarterback Alex Smith
- “They have to get Tavon Austin the football. Don’t be surprised if you see him line up at tailback.” – Mike Mayock on the St. Louis Rams offense and rookie wide receiver Tavon Austin
- “The St. Louis Rams defense is playing a lot of quarters [defense.] They have the defensive backs [to] play man [coverage,] especially with their two cornerback; they are phenomenal. Cortland Finnegan is one of the best cornerbacks in the league.” – Deion Sanders on how the St. Louis Rams defense can make a turnaround this season and cornerback Corland Finnegan
- “We set a standard for ourselves. We kept raising the bar, pushing the envelope and there was no one in the NFL at that time doing what we were doing.” – Marshall Faulk on his Super Bowl Champion St. Louis Rams team known as The Greatest Show on Turf
On NFL.com the following video clips from Craftsman Presents NFL Total Access Kickoff are available for viewing:
Bradford’s future: What does the future hold for St. Louis Rams quarterback Sam Bradford? NFL Media Mike Silver reports: Click here
Keys to the game: Cortland Finnegan: Marshall Faulk sits down with St. Louis cornerback Cortland Finnegan as they take an Xs and Os look at how the Rams defense was able to successfully handle the dynamic San Francisco 49ers offseason last season: Click here
Confronting adversity: San Francisco 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh has lost back-to-back games for the first time in his coaching career. How will he respond? Mike Silver elaborates: Click here
Glennon more of a leader than Freeman: Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Mike Glennon has a chance to prove he is the Bucs franchise quarterback in the coming weeks, NFL Media national insider Ian Rapoport says: Click here
Why Kurt Warner love football: What makes Kurt Warner love the game of football? Watch here and enter your story at www.Togetherwemakefootball.com for your chance to win a trip to the Super Bowl in February: Click here