Belmont Stakes draws 10
ELMONT -- Kentucky Derby winner Mine That Bird drew post seven and was made the 2-1 program favorite for Saturday's Belmont Stakes during this morning's post position draw at Belmont Park.
Ten horses were entered for the oldest, last and longest leg of the Triple Crown, at 1 1/2 miles. The Belmont will be the 11th of 13 races on Saturday, with a post time of 6:27 p.m.
"The seven is fine for my horse," trainer Bennie "Chip" Woolley said. "He's going to back out of it anyway, so the post wasn't much of a concern. I'm not too analytical myself. We'll see what happens. I think we're in good shape."
Here is the field, with trainer, jockey and odds:
1. Chocolate Candy (Jerry Hollendorfer, Garrett Gomez) 10-1
2. Dunkirk (Todd Pletcher, John Velazquez) 4-1
3. Mr. Hot Stuff (Eoin Harty, Edgar Prado) 15-1
4. Summer Bird (Tim Ice, Kent Desormeaux) 12-1
5. Luv Gov (D. Wayne Lukas, Miguel Mena) 20-1
6. Charitable Man (Kiaran McLaughlin, Alan Garcia) 3-1
7. Mine That Bird (Chip Woolley, Calvin Borel) 2-1
8. Flying Private (D. Wayne Lukas, Julien Leparoux) 12-1
9. Miner's Escape (Nick Zito, Jose Lezcano) 15-1
10. Brave Victory (Nick Zito, Rajiv Maragh) 15-1
All horses will carry 126 pounds. If they all start, it will be the biggest Belmont field since 12 went to the post in 2006.