Rats bus crash: Day 2
There are some updates that appear on the Gazette home page regarding today's developments following the River Rats bus crash in Massachusetts early Thursday morning, but in case you missed them, here is the gist of it:
* Defensemen Casey Borer and Jonathan Paiement and forward Joe Jensen have been released from the Berkshire Medical Center in Pittsfield, Mass., along with radio color commentator John Hennessy. Forward Nicolas Blanchard remains at the hospital for at least another day, to undergo tests.
* Borer will miss the rest of the season with a broken bone in his neck. He will be required to wear a neck collar for the next six weeks and then be reevaluated.
* After meeting as a team this afternoon at the former Knickerbocker Arena, the Rats decided to postpone Sunday's home game with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. It will be made up on Monday, March 16 at 7 p.m. Tonight's regularly scheduled game against Bridgeport had already been changed to March 31 also at 7 p.m.
* On the way back to their home in New Jersey, Hennessy and his wife, Adrian Lee, stopped by the old Knick after the team meeting to visit with the team, which gave him a warm welcome.
* Players will have an informal skate Saturday night at 7 at RPI's Houston Field House.
Check back for more later.