Comments by FrankLowe
Posted on December 12 at 4:13 p.m. (Suggest removal)
I'm with you Albright, I'd invite you to barbecue, but my deck is covered with a 1 & 1/2 feet of global warming!
Posted on December 5 at 6:16 p.m. (Suggest removal)
Don Cooper........ ARE YOU SERIOUS????? Are you honestly advocating handing over more money to politicians???? How about giving whiskey and car keys to a teenager, do you advocate that as well???
Governments, especially the federal government take far far too much of our hard earned money as it is, and they've proven time and time again that they are extremely poor stewards of our money. If the federal government ran the Sahara Desert, in 6 months they'd be out of sand.
As far as the "science" of the hoax called global warming, the only science that is settled is that snake oil salesmen posing as scientists need a boogeyman to scare the feeble minded so that they may continue receiving government funds. If it wasn't for government funding, these otherwise unskilled "experts" would have to get jobs, instead taking up space in academia .
Posted on November 28 at 6:22 p.m. (Suggest removal)
Great letter Mr. Dickson. Unfortunately it falls primarily on deaf ears. The American public is too fat lazy stupid, and intellectually shallow to grasp the concept of "representative republic" They know the life story of the latest Dancing with the Idols, they know how fat the Kardashens rear sides are, they know the shoe size of the world series pitcher, but they don't know who their congressman is. Don't even bother trying to explain how our government is supposed to be structured, you'd get more attention from them if you were explaining the length of time it takes string beans to grow.
Posted on November 25 at 8:02 p.m. (Suggest removal)
Mr Schwartz, If these "professionals" are supposedly so smart, why do they need a union to bargain for them?
Posted on October 16 at 5:40 p.m. (Suggest removal)
Ms. Rembert, Are you serious???? You ask "why are employers "allowed" to fire people? I'll give you an easy answer, because the employer calls the shots, not the employee. If owning and running a business is so easy, why don't all these "poor innocent" employees go start their own business.
By the way, what exactly does a community activist do, besides becoming the worst president we've ever had.
Posted on October 12 at 8:56 p.m. (Suggest removal)
Mr Keller, In what abstract universe could anyone possibly use Obama's name to sell anything? Even Democrats currently campaigning run for cover at the mention of his name, let alone align themselves with him.
Regarding the subject of your piece, I notice you didn't mention the current governor of New York.....city.
From: Astorino is no Roosevelt
Posted on July 25 at 7:03 a.m. (Suggest removal)
I'm not a fan of Tonko's positions on most of the issues, I've never voted for him and I don't plan to in November, however this is petty. Let's stick to the issues, like Tonko's support of the disastrous policies of the Obama administration.
Posted on March 16 at 9:57 a.m. (Suggest removal)
1. There is no policy that "allows" us to drive on federal highways, these highways were built due to the efforts of hardworking taxpayers and belong to us, not the government.
2. While the rank and file boots on the ground members of our military are no doubt the finest, the pentagon is a bloated corrupt government agency full of connected fat cats who care nothing for our fighting men and women. Their only care is how line their pockets with our money.
3. The EPA is in no way responsible and has no oversight over the food we eat. That would be the USDA. The EPA is nothing but a gravy train for the government, extorting dollars of big businesses that can afford it, and using nazi like tactics against small businesses and individuals to trample private property rights and discourage any kind of entrepeneurial endeavor.
4. If you really think that the unmitigated disaster called Obamacare has helped small business in any way, why don't you just go and open small business and see how that works out for you.
5. Dollar for dollar, blue states are at the bottom of barrel as far as education, with NY being dead last.
6. A little research would show you that every major advance in modern medicine has come from the United States private sector. Can you tell me of any major advances that have come from countries with socialized medicine? While we're at it, how many of these countries with "free" healthcare have little or no military of their own, because we protect them free of charge?
7. Trickle down works very well, if people choose to get out of bed every morning and participate in it.
We are the UNITED STATES of America, not the United state of America. There is not now nor will there ever be an economic model showing that centralized government benefits anyone other than the wanna be dictators who advocate for it. The most recent example of course being the European Union which fell apart before it got off the ground. The indisputable failed economies of the blue states, and the booming economies of the red states are proof alone government intervention is nothing but an anchor.
Posted on February 16 at 6:56 a.m. (Suggest removal)
As an online reader of many newspapers, I find the Gazette's website very well structured and easy to navigate. Why change what's not broken?
Posted on February 15 at 8:58 p.m. (Suggest removal)
ChuckD, If their lifestyle is being subsidized in the form of Obamacare, food stamps, section 8, etc, etc, etc, then I don't need to "suggest", I'm stating a fact that they're not earning their keep. And if you're intelligent enough to read the opinion page and offer comment, then you know very well who pays for this. The government doesn't have money, the only way it can subsidize those who choose not to earn their keep, is to take from those who do choose to do so.