Fo’Castle Farms takes visitors back in time
Every time Anne Hogue walks into Fo’Castle Farms in Burnt Hills, it’s sort of like stepping into a time machine. Her grandmother, Martha, married into the family, and it was Martha and her husband, Claude Bailey, who ran the place throughout much of the 1950s and 1960s. Posted on October 28, 2012.
Fo’Castle Farms Country Store at 166 Kingsley Road in Burnt Hills has had basically the same facade since 1957. The shop has been attracting customers on beautiful fall days since 1949.
Judy Arhibald, left and Colleen Goodman wait on customers during a busy day at the country store.
Glenn Hogue, co-owner of Fo'Castle Farms County Store at 166 Kingsley Rd. in Burnt Hills, shows off some of the merchandise available at the store.
Customers relax in the coffee shop.
Fo’Castle Farms Country Store in Burnt Hills has offered a variety of gift options for its customers since 1949.
Old fashioned penny candy is part of the attraction at the Fo'Castle Farms.
Apples remain a big part of the picture at the Fo’Castle Farms County Store in Burnt Hills.
Dawn Maynard gets another fresh rack of cider doughnuts ready for her customers in the bakery at Fo’Castle Farms in Burnt Hills.
Lt. Commander Claude Bailey was at Fo’Castle Farms Country Store for this photo taken a few years before his death in 1963. (Gazette file photo)