The Daily Gazette
The Locally Owned Voice Of The Capital Region

Summit man ‘trapped’ in home had barricaded door

Rescue revealed broken windows, frozen pipes, trash

Text Size: A | A

It’s been a month since the fire in a 76-year-old Summit man’s wood-burning stove dwindled and went out. The man, whose name was not released for privacy reasons, spent more than a week in his unheated Mud Lake Road home developing hypothermia, frostbite and dehydration before a worried neighbor called the Sheriff’s Department. Following a rescue, he spent another three weeks recovering in a local hospital. Now he’s in fair condition, according to Bassett Healthcare ...

You Must or Subscribe to Continue
subscribe to the Daily Gazette
Individual stories can be found and purchased from our Archives for $2.00

Enjoy this story? Share it!



There are currently no posts. Be the first to comment on this story.