CARS HOMES JOBS

Blaze damages Niskayuna house

Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Text Size: A | A

Niskayuna District 2 and Stanford Heights firefighters go to work at a house fire at 648 Maple Lane in Niskayuna Tuesday. The owner, who was home at the time of the fire, got out safely.
Photographer: Peter R. Barber
Niskayuna District 2 and Stanford Heights firefighters go to work at a house fire at 648 Maple Lane in Niskayuna Tuesday. The owner, who was home at the time of the fire, got out safely.

— A Niskayuna family is homeless after a fire broke out at their two-story home Tuesday afternoon.

Niskayuna Fire District 2 Chief Charlie Friderici said the fire appears to have been started by a short circuit in a ceiling fan on the second floor of the home at 648 Maple Lane.

“It appears to be an accidental electrical fire,” he said. “The house is pretty close to a total loss.”

The call came in at 2:35 p.m. It took Niskayuna District 2 and Stanford Heights firefighters about 45 minutes to put the fire out. The owner of the house was home at the time, and got out fine, Friderici said. A family of four lived there.

 
Share story: print print email email facebook facebook reddit reddit

comments

Log-in to post a comment.
 

columnists & blogs


Log into Dailygazette.com

Forgot Password?

Subscribe

Username:
Password: