CARS HOMES JOBS

Accidental carbon monoxide poisoning in Latham death of two

Friday, June 27, 2014
Text Size: A | A

— Autopsies today at Albany Medical Center determined a man and woman found dead in their Latham home Thursday morning with their car running in an enclosed attached garage died of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

"The investigation revealed no criminal conduct or intentional act," Colonie Police Lt. Robert Winn said in a statement.

Authorities were contacted by co-workers of 82-year-old Palma T. Nero at 11:36 a.m. Thursday when she did not report to work. Police responded to 3 Dove Court a short time later, and discovered the house locked up and could hear a car running in the garage.

Fire officials entered the home and found a 77-year-old John A. Lemena dead in his bed. Nero was found just outside the bedroom door.

 
Share story: print print email email facebook facebook reddit reddit

comments

Log-in to post a comment.
 

columnists & blogs


Log into Dailygazette.com

Forgot Password?

Subscribe

Username:
Password: