The Daily Gazette
The Locally Owned Voice of the Capital Region
Advertisement
Promotions

New York man gets 15 years for infant's death

  • FACEBOOK
  • TWITTER
  • GOOGLE+
  • LINKEDIN
  • PRINT
  • E-MAIL
Text Size: A | A

Advertisement

— A 19-year-old upstate New York man who admitted responsibility for the death of a five-week-old baby has been sentenced to 15 years in prison.

Albany District Attorney P. David Soares says Cavadeas Taylor of Kingston was sentenced Friday in state Supreme Court, where he had pleaded guilty in June to first-degree manslaughter.

Taylor admitted hitting Seth Knox Jr.'s head against a wall in a city apartment last year. He said he was frustrated because the baby wouldn't stop crying.

Officials say Taylor was a family friend and a caretaker for the child.

The boy's 26-year-old father has been charged with a misdemeanor count of endangering the welfare of a child. He is accused of failing to seek prompt medical attention for his son. That case is pending.

Advertisement

comments

There are currently no posts. Be the first to comment on this story.
Advertisement