The Daily Gazette
The Locally Owned Voice Of The Capital Region
Advertisement
Promotions

After long battle over demolition, expensive lots for sale in Saratoga

A sign in front of 66 Franklin St. in Saratoga Springs is all that remains as a reminder that the Winans-Crippen House once stood in its place Saturday, August 16, 2014.
Photographer: Peter R. Barber
A sign in front of 66 Franklin St. in Saratoga Springs is all that remains as a reminder that the Winans-Crippen House once stood in its place Saturday, August 16, 2014.
Text Size: A | A

Like a solemn marker denoting a grave site, the sign posted on a short metal rail surrounding the lot at 66 Franklin St. tells of the historic manor that stood until its demolition last fall.

The black-and-white sign bears a likeness of the once-stately Winans-Crippen house designed by prominent local architect J.D. Stevens and built in 1871. The marker also includes a brief history of the structure owned by David Winans and then George ...

You Must or Subscribe to Continue
subscribe to the Daily Gazette
Individual stories can be found and purchased from our Archives for $2.00
Advertisement

comments

There are currently no posts. Be the first to comment on this story.
Advertisement