The Daily Gazette
The Locally Owned Voice of the Capital Region
Advertisement
Promotions

Letters to the Editor

Hold trash haulers accountable but not for everything

  • FACEBOOK
  • TWITTER
  • GOOGLE+
  • LINKEDIN
  • PRINT
  • E-MAIL
Text Size: A | A

Hold trash haulers accountable but not for everything Re March 29 article [concerning] garbage trucks and their accident record: I would agree that action needs to be taken if the accidents happened due to city workers rushing to cut their day short. I do, however, think that city workers’ side should be heard instead of assumptions and accusations by City Council members. I travel the city streets as well in the early hours, and have ...


You Must Log-In or Subscribe to Continue Subscription Offer Individual stories can be found and purchased from our Archives for $2.00

Advertisement

comments

wmarincic
April 3, 2014
6:56 a.m.

[ Flag Post ]

Obama is an abysmal failure, but that's what you get for electing a community organizer.

ronzo
April 3, 2014
7 a.m.

[ Flag Post ]

Medicare Advantage costs the Federal Gov't 10%-15% more per enrollee than traditional Medicare. This program was created by the second Bush administration to reward their pals in the health insurance industry at the expense of taxpayers. The Obama administration through the Affordable Care Act is reigning in this over-paying by reducing over time the "premium price" paid to the insurers for Medicare Advantage in order to bring the costs back to that of traditional Medicare. This is intended as one of the methods to help fund the ACA. Medicare was designed to provide 80%, of the cost to enrollees, who are responsible for the other 20%, which they can cover by purchasing a Medigap policy. What's wrong with paying only 20% of your health care cost or buying insurance to cover it?

wmarincic
April 3, 2014
9:58 p.m.

[ Flag Post ]

Please.

wmarincic
April 4, 2014
6:35 a.m.

[ Flag Post ]

I'm just curious Ronzo. This failed president that has an approval rating in the 25 to 35 percent range, depending on who you ask has been in office almost 6 years? When are you brain dead libs going to stop blaming Bush? It's laughable.

Advertisement