Saratoga Springs man admits having, selling drugs
BALLSTON SPA A Saratoga Springs man who was the target of an ongoing drug task force investigation pleaded guilty Thursday in Saratoga County Court to four felony and two misdemeanor drug charges.
Makuan A. Jackson, 40, of 167 Grand Ave., pleaded guilty to two counts of third-degree criminal sale of a controlled substance, a Class B felony; two counts of third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a Class B felony; and two counts of seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a Class A misdemeanor. He is scheduled to be sentenced Nov. 14.
Also this week in Saratoga County Court:
• David E. Orzechowski, 26, of Gansevoort, who pleaded guilty in July to felony driving while intoxicated, was sentenced to five days in jail and five years of probation and will have to use an ignition interlock device.
• Sadie A. Willis, 24, no address given, who pleaded guilty in July to third-degree attempted criminal sale of a controlled substance, was sentenced Thursday to three years in prison and two years of post-release supervision.
• Keith A. Depoty, 49, of Schuylerville, who pleaded guilty in July to third-degree grand larceny for his role in stealing more than $40,000 from a small market, was sentenced to six months in county jail and five years of probation and ordered to repay $21,500.
• Matthew J. Gifford, 20, of Hadley, pleaded guilty this week to fourth-degree grand larceny, a Class E felony, and is scheduled to be sentenced Nov. 12. He was arrested May 23 by state police on charges of criminal possession of a forged instrument and fourth-degree grand larceny, both felonies, in connection with forgeries he allegedly committed in Queensbury and Hadley.
• Brendan Pfiitze, 28, of 325 Saratoga Ave., Milton, who pleaded guilty in July to third-degree burglary, was sentenced to six months in jail and five years of probation and ordered to make restitution of $2,230.34.
• Benjamin Kramer, 32, of Saratoga Springs, a registered sex offender who was arrested in May by city police, pleaded guilty to failing to report an address change within 10 days, a Class D felony.
• Jerry Whitman, 39, of Charlton, pleaded guilty to a felony count of second-degree criminal possession of marijuana stemming from his arrest last September on charges that included growing marijuana.
• Keith D. Drew, 28, of Clifton Park, was indicted on charges of predatory sexual assault against a child, a class A felony; first-degree rape, a Class B felony; second-degree sex abuse, a Class A misdemeanor; and endangering the welfare of a child, a Class A misdemeanor. The charges stem from his May arrest by state police.
• Robert C. Mills, 41, of Burnt Hills, was indicted on two felony DWI counts stemming from his July 4 arrest by state police.
• Harold T. Bell Jr., 38, of Schuylerville, was indicted on a charge of second-degree criminal possession of a forged instrument stemming from his February arrest by Mechanicville police.