Saratoga County flu shot clinics scheduled starting later this month
SARATOGA COUNTY The Saratoga County Public Health Nursing Service will be offering flu vaccinations starting later this month.
After an unusually severe flu season that had outbreaks at high levels for most of last winter, the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is recommending a flu shot for everyone over the age of 6 months.
The shots are going to be available by appointment only, generally by contacting the site where the clinic will be held. The cost will be $35, though insurance or Medicaid Part B generally pays the cost for those with coverage.
The clinics will begin Monday, Sept. 23, and continue at various locations around the county through Oct. 29.
The following clinics have been scheduled:
• Greenfield Senior Center, Monday, Sept. 23, 9 to 11 a.m.
• Wilton Senior Center, Tuesday, Sept. 24, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
• Halfmoon Senior Center, Wednesday, Sept. 25, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
• Shenendehowa Adult Community Center, Friday, Sept. 27, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
• Malta Community Center, Friday, Oct. 4, 9 to 11 a.m.
• Saratoga Town Hall, Schuylerville, Monday, Oct. 7, 9 to 10 a.m.
• Mechanicville Senior Center, Tuesday, Oct. 8, noon to 2 p.m.
• Corinth Senior Center, Thursday, Oct. 17, 10 a.m. to noon
• Galway Seniors at the United Methodist Church, Thursday, Oct. 17, 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
• Moreau Community Center, Friday, Oct. 18, 9 a.m. to noon
• Stillwater Community Center, Tuesday, Oct. 22, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
• Hadley Town Hall, Thursday, Oct. 24, 9 to 11 a.m.
• Edinburg Community Center, Thursday, Oct. 24, 1 to 2 p.m.
• Saratoga Springs Senior Center, Friday, Oct. 25, 1 to 3 p.m.
• Ballston Spa Senior Center, Monday, Oct. 28, 9 to 11 a.m.
• Waterford Senior Center, Tuesday, Oct. 29, 10 to 11:30 a.m.
In addition, starting Sept. 25, the vaccine will be available from 9 to 10 a.m. Wednesdays at the county public health offices, 31 Woodlawn Ave., Saratoga Springs. No appointment is necessary for the clinics at the public health office.