Gazette's Schott needs your vote against Chuck & Kelly
Gazette sportswriter Ken Schott needs your vote as he goes up against Chuck & Kelly of WGY in the Round of 16 in the Tri-City ValleyCats' Media Bobblehead Bracket Buster Tournament, also known as BobbleVote.
Schott, The Gazette's college hockey and media writer, is one of the participants vying for his image to placed on this year's bobblehead.
To vote, click here.
Each participant has selected a charity that they will represent throughout the entire tournament. Fans will vote each week up until Monday, April 8, when the winner will be announced.
The winning media personality will be featured in their very own bobblehead doll, to be given away to the first 1,500 fans through the gates at "The Joe" on Monday, Aug. 19. This participant's charity will receive a $1,500 cash donation and also sponsorship of the giveaway night. The runner-up's charity will receive a $1,000 donation and third place $500. Each charity will be recognized at "The Joe" during the game.
Preliminary results are in for the start of the Bobble-head vote, and Greg Floyd (Hannah's Hope Fund) from CBS 6 is the top votegetter with over 36% of the total votes. Floyd will be the number one seed in the Round of 16, receiving double the amount of votes than the number two, which goes to News Channel 13 Sports Director Rodger Wyland (Thomas Patrick Morrison Foundation) with approximately 18 percent of the vote.
Below are the remaining results along with the matchups for the Round of 16.
Round of 16 (Voting runs from March 11-17):
(1) Greg Floyd-CBS 6 News vs. (16) Doug Sherman-CBS 6 News
(2) Rodger Wyland-News Channel 13 vs. (15) Bruce Jabobs-104.5 The Team
(3) Tim Wilkin-Times Union vs. (14) Quinn & Cantara-PYX 106
(4) Benita Zahn-News Channel 13 vs. (13) Drew Brill-News 10
(5) Marisa Jacques-YNN vs. (12) Sean & Richie-107.7 WGNA
(6) Bob Kovachick-News Channel 13 vs. (11) Mike Bono-YNN
(7) Ed Weaver-Troy Record vs. (10) Steve LaPointe- CBS 6
(8) Ken Schott-Daily Gazette vs. (9) Chuck & Kelly- News Talk 810 & 103.1 WGY