CARS HOMES JOBS

Fire displaces family in Schenectady

Monday, June 3, 2013
Text Size: A | A

— A small fire in an electrical junction box displaced a family on Porter Street this morning, fire officials said.

Firefighters were called to 110 Porter St. just after 6 a.m. for a fire. They arrived to find the fire in a ceiling and were able to put it out with minimal damage, Deputy Fire Chief Michael Gillespie said. No injuries were reported.

The fire, though, requires the problem to be fixed and an inspection from the city Code Department before power can be turned back on and the residents can return home, Gillespie said.

Six people lived in the apartment, Gillespie said.

 
Share story: print print email email facebook facebook reddit reddit

comments

June 3, 2013
5:41 p.m.
robbie520 says...

Doesn't the Gazette staff use spell checkers to which local names can be added?

Fire displaces family in Schnectady

June 3, 2013
7:28 p.m.
safny says...

According to the OTHER paper - there were no working smoke detectors. In a house with 6 kids. Not at all newsworthy. This paper is massively sloppy - Schnectady, eh?

Log-in to post a comment.
 

columnists & blogs


Log into Dailygazette.com

Forgot Password?

Subscribe

Username:
Password: