The Daily Gazette
The Locally Owned Voice of the Capital Region
Advertisement
Promotions

Stove ash handling cited in Rotterdam fire

  • FACEBOOK
  • TWITTER
  • GOOGLE+
  • LINKEDIN
  • PRINT
  • E-MAIL
Text Size: A | A

No one was injured during a Tuesday afternoon house fire in Rotterdam. Firefighters responded to the residence at 182 Butler St. around noon. The fire started after the homeowner had dumped ashes from a wood stove in a metal bucket and left it in his garage for a while, mistakenly thinking they were extinguished, according to Schenectady County Fire Coordinator John Nuzback. The fire spread to the basement. No one was home at the time. ...


You Must Log-In or Subscribe to Continue Subscription Offer Individual stories can be found and purchased from our Archives for $2.00

Advertisement

comments

There are currently no posts. Be the first to comment on this story.
Advertisement