CARS HOMES JOBS

Toddler from Albany dies while visiting grandmother in NYC

Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Text Size: A | A

— Channel 4 NBC New York is reporting today that a baby visiting her grandmother in Manhattan burned to death when she rolled off a bed and got wedged next to a hot radiator, police said Tuesday.

The 1-year-old girl was staying with her grandmother in Morningside Heights, according to police. The grandmother found the baby wedged between the furniture and the radiator. The baby was rushed to St. Luke's Hospital, where she died. Another child in the apartment was not injured. The grandmother was not charged, according to the report.

The names of the child and grandmother were not released.

 
Share story: print print email email facebook facebook reddit reddit

comments

February 20, 2013
3:36 p.m.
catpri says...

How could that grandmother not hear the baby's cries. No one puts a 12 month old in a reg. bed

Log-in to post a comment.
 

columnists & blogs


Log into Dailygazette.com

Forgot Password?

Subscribe

Username:
Password: