CARS HOMES JOBS

Overheated circuit blamed for Schenectady fire

Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Text Size: A | A

— An overheated electrical circuit was the cause of a fire this afternoon in Schenectady.

Fire broke out just after 5 p.m. at 212 Rosa Road. When firefighters arrived, there was smoke showing in the eaves and on the second-floor siding, according to Deputy Fire Chief Vincent Krawiecki.

The blaze started in the circuit for a chandelier in the dining room and was knocked down in 15 to 20 minutes, Krawiecki said.

One firefighter slipped on the stairway’s wet carpet and was treated and released at the hospital for a leg injury, according to Krawiecki.

The entire house sustained smoke and water damage. Family members escaped without injury and are staying with relatives.

 
Share story: print print email email facebook facebook reddit reddit

comments

Log-in to post a comment.
 

columnists & blogs


Log into Dailygazette.com

Forgot Password?

Subscribe

Username:
Password: