The Daily Gazette
The Locally Owned Voice Of The Capital Region
Advertisement
Promotions

Resident pulled from rooftop after Schenectady building catches fire

Schenectady firefighters quickly extinguished a fire this morning in a commercial building on Broadway, according to a Gazette reporter on the scene. Fire crews were called to the former Broadway Dance building near the corner of Broadway and Hegaman Street about 9 a.m. Monday, April 15, 2013. Firefighters were able to knock down the flames within a few minutes, according to Gazette photographer Peter R. Barber. The blaze appeared to be in a second-floor. An occupant was rescued from the roof of the building and taken by ambulance to Ellis Hospital.
Photographer: Peter R. Barber
Schenectady firefighters quickly extinguished a fire this morning in a commercial building on Broadway, according to a Gazette reporter on the scene. Fire crews were called to the former Broadway Dance building near the corner of Broadway and Hegaman Street about 9 a.m. Monday, April 15, 2013. Firefighters were able to knock down the flames within a few minutes, according to Gazette photographer Peter R. Barber. The blaze appeared to be in a second-floor. An occupant was rescued from the roof of the building and taken by ambulance to Ellis Hospital.
Text Size: A | A

Firefighters responding to a fire Monday morning on Broadway pulled one resident from a rooftop and extinguished the flames shortly afterward. The fire was one of two in the city that morning. Firefighters were also called just before noon to Duane Avenue, near Brandywine Avenue. Firefighters were called to the former dance studio at Broadway and Hegeman Street just after 9 a.m. Firefighters responding from downtown could see the smoke, Fire Chief Michael Della Rocco ...

You Must or Subscribe to Continue
subscribe to the Daily Gazette
Individual stories can be found and purchased from our Archives for $2.00

Enjoy this story? Share it!

Advertisement

comments

SchenectadyScott
April 15, 2013
10:56 a.m.

[ Flag Post ]

Great job by SFD in getting this out quickly and rescuing my neighbor!

Advertisement