Oppenheim-Ephratah/St. Johnsville school board election Tuesday
ST. JOHNSVILLE The Oppenheim-Ephratah/St. Johnsville Board of Education election will be held from noon to 8 p.m. Tuesday at D.H. Robbins Elementary School in St. Johnsville.
The school district is offering free round-trip bus rides for residents who need transportation to D.H. Robbins. For more information or to arrange a pickup, visit www.oecs.k12.ny.us.
The election, originally set for March, was postponed due to a winter storm. All absentee ballots submitted for the originally scheduled election are void. Any resident who will be unable to vote in person Tuesday must request a new absentee application and ballot.
The candidates for the newly merged seven-seat Board of Education, in the order they will appear on the ballot:
• Darren Bellen, current St. Johnsville Board of Education member
• Renee Swartz, current St. Johnsville board member
• Bruce Carpenter, current Oppenheim-Ephratah board member
• Cindy Breh, current Oppenheim-Ephratah board member
• Ben Conte, current Oppenheim-Ephratah board president
• Susanne Sammons, current Oppenheim-Ephratah board member
• Chad Eggleston, current St. Johnsville board member
• Neil Clark, St. Johnsville resident
• Glen Blanchard, current Oppenheim-Ephratah board member
• Patricia Christensen, current St. Johnsville board member
• Keith Handy, St. Johnsville resident
• William Lints, Oppenheim resident
• Lee Quackenbush, Oppenheim resident
• Christopher Mosher, current St. Johnsville board member.