The Daily Gazette
The Locally Owned Voice of the Capital Region
Advertisement
Promotions

Chimneys: Not the place for do-it-yourselfers

In this image taken on September 2, 2009 provided by Chimney Safety Institute of America, CSIA Certified Chimney Sweep, Jeffery Peterson, of Potomac Services performs a visual inspection in Sterling, Va. (AP Photo/Chimney Safety Institute of America, Eric Vance, US EPA)
In this image taken on September 2, 2009 provided by Chimney Safety Institute of America, CSIA Certified Chimney Sweep, Jeffery Peterson, of Potomac Services performs a visual inspection in Sterling, Va. (AP Photo/Chimney Safety Institute of America, Eric Vance, US EPA)
  • FACEBOOK
  • TWITTER
  • GOOGLE+
  • LINKEDIN
  • PRINT
  • E-MAIL
Text Size: A | A

People are drawn to a fire, whether they’re roasting marshmallows around a campfire during the summer or cuddling near the fireplace in the dead of winter. And just as you take precautions outdoors, there are things you should do to make sure your fireplaces and chimneys are safe at home. Fires built in fireplaces or wood stoves leave a gummy residue, called creosote, that can stick to the lining of your chimney. Creosote — created ...


You Must Log-In or Subscribe to Continue Subscription Offer Individual stories can be found and purchased from our Archives for $2.00

Advertisement

comments

There are currently no posts. Be the first to comment on this story.
Advertisement