SCHENECTADY In advance of the arrival tonight of a powerful winter storm, the city of Schenectady is ordering vehicles off 16 streets it considers a priority for plowing.
In a news release, city officials said to ensure city snow removal and plowing crews can keep main thoroughfares plowed and passable, all vehicles must be moved off the following streets - all of which are posted - once snowfall reaches 3 inches:
• Van Vranken Avenue
• Nott Street from Erie Boulevard to Wendell Avenue
• Union Street
• Eastern Avenue from Nott Terrace to McClellan Street
• Brandywine Avenue from State Street to Rugby Road
• McClellan Street from State Street to Rugby Road
• State Street
• Erie Boulevard from State Street to the Interstate 890 entrance ramps
• Albany Street from Veeder Avenue to Elm Street
• Altamont Avenue
• Schuyler Street from Michigan Avenue to Altamont Avenue
• Michigan Avenue from Brandywine Avenue to Chrisler Avenue
• Crane Street from Broadway to the city line
• Chrisler Avenue from Altamont Avenue to Crane Street
• Broadway from State Street south to the city line
• Campbell Avenue from Broadway to Fairview Avenue.
Vehicles must remain off the priority streets until the snow has stopped falling and the streets have been cleared from curb to curb, city officials said. City parking enforcement and police officers will be issuing tickets to those vehicles remaining on these streets, officials said, and vehicles may be towed to make way for plows in some instances.