The Daily Gazette
The Locally Owned Voice of the Capital Region
Advertisement
Promotions

Landmarks

Church flourishes in West Glenville

Rebuilt after 1964 fire

Music and education director Jordan White and his  daughter Lilia pose for the camera recently at the First Reformed Church of Glenville. (Bill Buell/Gazette Reporter)
Music and education director Jordan White and his daughter Lilia pose for the camera recently at the First Reformed Church of Glenville. (Bill Buell/Gazette Reporter)
  • FACEBOOK
  • TWITTER
  • GOOGLE+
  • LINKEDIN
  • PRINT
  • E-MAIL
Text Size: A | A

It’s hard to comprehend these days, but at one time the Reformed Church in West Glenville, tucked away in the northern hinterlands of Schenectady County, was within the city limits. When the congregation first met at the home of Charles Geer in February of 1812, West Glenville was officially part of the city of Schenectady’s 4th Ward. That all changed in 1820, when the town of Glenville was created and the city’s boundaries were significantly ...


You Must Log-In or Subscribe to Continue Subscription Offer Individual stories can be found and purchased from our Archives for $2.00

Advertisement

comments

There are currently no posts. Be the first to comment on this story.
Advertisement