Man gets six years in prison for illegally living in Saratoga basement
BALLSTON SPA A man who was illegally living in the basement of a Saratoga Springs building was sentenced Thursday to 6 1⁄2 years in prison for burglary.
James Lorman, 24, of 81 Saratoga Ave., Ballston Spa, also faces five years of post-release supervision in connection with his February 2011 arrest. Lorman and three other men were accused of living in the basement of a multifamily building at 32 Waterbury St.
At the time, city police also charged him with giving alcohol to a 13-year-old, but that charge was dropped as part of a plea agreement in June.
Also Thursday in Saratoga County Court:
• Kellie M. Rokjer, 34, of 56A West St., Ballston Spa, was sentenced to three months in the Saratoga County jail and five years of probation after she pleaded guilty in June to felony fourth-degree attempted criminal possession of a controlled substance. She was arrested in June 2011 in Milton.
• Brian Latshaw, 28, of 41 Edmund Drive, Ballston Spa, was sentenced to time already served in jail plus five years’ probation on a felony driving while intoxicated charge. Saratoga County sheriff’s deputies arrested him in January in Ballston Spa and Latshaw pleaded guilty to the charge that same month.
• Daniel Champlin, 27, of 113E Terrace Court, Clifton Park, was sentenced to one to three years in prison after he admitted to a violation of his probation on a 2010 burglary conviction.
• Krzysztof Sekowski, 58, of Lee, Mass., was sentenced to 30 days in the Saratoga County jail after pleading guilty to a probation violation for a 2009 DWI conviction.
• Shaun M. Smith, 33, of Amenia, was indicted on two counts of felony DWI and aggravated unlicensed operation. The charges stem from an arrest by state police in March in Malta.
• Sandra Wheeler-Arey, 51, of 2589 Galway Road, Galway, was indicted on a felony charge of aggravated DWI with a child in the vehicle and a misdemeanor charge of driving while ability impaired by drugs. She was arrested in November in Milton.
• Michael Lombardo, 32, of 26 Dean Mountain Road, Hadley, pleaded guilty to fourth-degree grand larceny, a felony. He is scheduled to be sentenced in September. The charge stems from incidents on various dates in Hadley in 2009, 2010 and 2011.