Volunteers clean Main Street in Schoharie on Saturday, September 10, 2011.
How to help
There are many ways to help the people, schools and organizations hurt by the floods. Here are some links and ideas:
CAPITAL REGION Five Capital Region organizations are sponsoring a food drive to assist area residents affected by Hurricane Irene and flooding over the past several weeks. The sponsors are United Way of the Greater Capital Region, Proctors, the City Mission of Schenectady, The Daily Gazette and Hannaford Supermarkets.
Called Project Hope, the regional food and supplies drive will be held through Sept. 25 at these locations:
* United Way of the Greater Capital Region, One United Way, Albany.
* Proctors, 432 State St., Schenectady.
* City Mission of Schenectady, 425 Hamilton St., Schenectady.
* Mohawk Honda, 175 Freemans Bridge Road, Glenville.
* Hilton Garden Inn Troy, 235 Hoosick St., Troy.
All our photos
From the farms of Schoharie County to the streets of the Stockade, our photographers captured the flooding in dozens of photos you can see by clicking HERE
Acceptable items are: Non-perishable food and canned goods, laundry and dish detergent, bottled water, diapers and baby wipes, baby food, gift cards, paper towels and children’s DVDs. Project Hope cannot accept used clothing, toys or stuffed animals.